The NEACD Presents
Saturday, March 23, 2019
Straumann USA World Headquarters
Dr. Betsy Bakeman
All Dentistry is Cosmetic
Registration and Breakfast 7:30 – 8AM; Course from 8AM – 4PM (8CEU’s)
A Phenomenal Learning Experience from One of
Cosmetic Dentistry’s Best Educators
Patients have traditionally sought treatment when concerned with the way their teeth look, function or feel. Over the past few decades, esthetics increasingly motivates patients to seek treatment. Practitioners must learn to satisfy their patients’ increasing esthetic demands at the same time they assimilate an escalating amount of information regarding diagnostics, materials and techniques. With the right approach, highly esthetic outcomes can be achieved at the same time treatment outcomes are engineered for long term success.
– Review the role of esthetic considerations when assembling a comprehensive diagnosis.
– Learn to incorporate esthetic, functional, structural and periodontal considerations into the treatment plan.
– Understand smile analysis and its importance in guiding treatment decisions.
– Learn treatment approaches that manage or reduce functional considerations and improve long term prognosis
– Learn the pros and cons of various types of porcelains (lithium disilicate, leucite reinforced, feldspathic, zirconia)
– Learn the esthetic and morphologic factors that influence ideal gingival architecture and how to predictably modify
About the speaker:
Betsy Bakeman, DDS, FAACD
Dr. Bakeman is an Accredited Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry and is the President-Elect for the AACD. She also serves as both an Accreditation and a Fellowship examiner for the AACD. She was the recipient of the AACD’s 2013 Award for Excellence in Cosmetic Dentistry Education.
Dr. Bakeman served as Chairman of Accreditation for the AACD and Chairman of the American Board of Cosmetic Dentistry. She maintains a full-time private practice in Grand Rapids, Michigan and teaches as an Adjunct Faculty member at the Kois Center in Seattle, Washington. She is a member of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry and the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry. She has served as Section Editor for Compendium and the Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry and serves on several editorial boards. She publishes and lectures on the topics of comprehensive dentistry and periodontal plastic surgery in the esthetic zone.